Friday 17 February 2012

Plenty Of Creepy Dates




As a single working women I was tired of coming home to an empty apartment and eating alone every night. With very little time to socialize, I decided to try one of those online dating sites. A good friend suggested a site called PlentyOfFish. The name seemed strange to me, but I joined anyway. To my way of thinking, it seems that plenty of fish is good at catching the fishermen, but not so good at helping the fishermen catch fish. Needless to say, I was not impressed with the matches that I got on that site. Maybe I should have been using worms for bait rather than me.

My first date with anyone from POF was with a guy from France. On our first date, the only thing that he wanted to do was to go to his house for drinks. I wanted to get to know him better before going to his house. Besides, I was hungry. So I suggested we go someplace for some food. He looked at me very strangely grabbed my arm and replied, “I am not wanting to know you. I am only wanting sex.” Well I suggested that if he touched me I would string him up by the eyelids and kick him in the nuts until he blinked!

OMG , I could go on for weeks telling you horror stories from POF connections. Married men, perverts, pigs who say they're looking for long term relationships but only want to get you in bed. Then of course there are the borderline stalkers that call even after you tell them you are not interested. I do not get the mentality of some guys who think that by being excessively persistent you will somehow change your opinion of them. Sometimes even the threat of police action does not deter them. There is even a Gaga video that shows POF being used in prison. From my experiences, I will bet money that prison inmates have full access to this site.

I personally have never met so many liars and fakes in one place in all my life. I met at least 30 guys in person and only one was worth dating, and as it turned out he was only looking to marry someone because he was an illegal immigrant who wanted to stay in the country. I found one good way to cull out most of the phonies though. I set up a toss away account on hotmail and then invite them for a video chat. I only went out with the ones that looked something like their online photo, and could hold an intelligent conversation interactively. POF does have one good thing to say about it. If you are a bit short on looks, you will still get a lot of attention.

The last straw for me with POF came when I made a date with a so called registered accountant, who by the way lives in a first class condo in down town New York. The evening started out on a high note. We went to a really nice Italian restaurant, where we ordered lasagna and a nice Chianti to go with it. For desert we had tiramisu. I had never went back to anyone's apartment before on a first date, but I made a rare exception in his case. Everything seemed to be on the up and up with him. He was attentive in his apartment as well. We listened to music while we talked and kissed and snuggled. It was so great!  Of course, the inevitable happened. The creep got around to telling me that he wanted me to prance around his apartment naked wearing nothing but a horse tail butt plug. Well after I hit him with my purse and told him what I thought of him I cantered out of his life.

It was then I realized that POF was not for me and deleted my profile. I was discouraged, and decided to never join another dating site.I was in the dumps about all of this and I promised myself that I would never do internet dating again. My friend, seeing how disillusioned I had become, decided to do some searching of her own. She told me she had stumbled upon a link that took her to a page that was full of dating site links for all kinds of dating preferences. She told me I should check it out. She was sure I would find a site that had what I was looking for. When I got there I viewed it with a lot of skepticism, but once I realized the POF was not on their recommended list, they gained a bit in my esteem.  I was also surprised to find that eharmony was not there either – with all the ads on TV I had seen, they were the one I was going to try next, but they were just so darn expensive. I checked out a few of the sites and signed up on three. The nice thing was that all of these were free for women, but the men had to pay. That must help filter out a lot of the cretins, because it has been better. Best move I ever made. Now I am meeting decent men who are not looking for a bed buddy, but are genuinely looking for serious long term relationships. My happiness index has gone up a few points since then because I now have a social life again. What a nice change!

Most dating sites are not bad, although the totally free ones tend to attract more riffraff I am told. Even the best dating sites will have a few bad apples in them. You have to be on your guard anywhere. With internet dating you have to practice safe hex before you practice safe sex. Some sites will take that little extra step in an effort to keep their site safe. Bad apples will always find away to slip in to any site though, so its up to you to be aware of this and to not give out to much private information.

So check out the following link. I am sure you will find not only great sites like I did, but some really good advice in the articles. Good luck.

Online Dating Advice For Women

No comments:

Post a Comment